Rely on a Seasoned San Diego Attorney who is Board Certified as a Family Law Specialist
You Don’t Have to Face Divorce Alone
Divorce can be one of the most painful things a person can experience. And because it requires the careful division of everything from property and debts to custody of children, the pain can sometimes be drawn-out over time. At the Law Offices of Nory R. Pascua, APC, I will do everything I can to lift the stress of divorce off your shoulders and help keep the process moving. My job is to help you get through this painful time so you can start the next chapter of your life on the right foot.
Whether you are seeking the divorce, you are opposed to it, or you and your spouse have mutually decided to separate, I will stand up for your interests and make sure that they are reflected in negotiations over the division of property, spousal support, child custody, child support and all other related matters.
As a certified family law specialist, I have additional training and unique insight into the latest developments in California family law, and I use that information to craft effective, personalized legal strategies for my clients.
Understanding the difference between Divorce, Legal Separation and Annulment
One of the questions I am asked frequently is exactly what legal options there are to end a marriage. While divorce is the best-known option, there are actually three ways under California law to end a marriage:
- Divorce: A divorce ends a legally valid marriage and is the most common way to separate from a spouse.
- Legal Separation: A legal separation does not terminate the marriage but only separates a couple’s economic interests.
- Annulment: An annulment treats the marriage as though it never existed and completely invalidates it. This option only works in some cases and requires an explanation as to why the marriage should not be considered valid.
Get Divorce Help Today
If you are considering divorce, it’s important to get legal representation as soon as possible. I will help you assess your options, and we will work together to create a plan to protect your finances as well as your relationship with your children if you have any.
To make an appointment with a certified family law specialist, call (619) 946-5037 or contact me.
- Divorce (Dissolution of Marriage)
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Division of marital property
- Post-divorce modifications
- Annulments or Legal Separation