Rely on a Seasoned San Diego Attorney who is Board Certified as a Family Law Specialist
Nory R. Pascua
Attorney at Law
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers Award
- Certificate of Specialization in Family Law by The California Board of Legal Specialization
- Salute to Women Leaders in the 79th District
- Service to Diversity Award
- American Jurisprudence Award, Legal Analysis and Writing
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award
Classes & Seminars Taught
- Adjunct Professor, Business Law, California International Business University in San Diego
- “So You Want to be a Certified Specialist”, San Diego Family Law Bar Association
- “Branching Out on Your Own”, Lawyers Club of San Diego
Other Pro-Bono Activities
- Paradise Valley International Medical Mission, Inc.
- Serving food to people in need at St. Vincent de Paul Village in San Diego
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Family Law Bar Association
- Filipino American Lawyers of San Diego
- Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- South Bay Bar Association
- Statewide Bench-Bar Coalition
As a California State Bar Certified Family Law Specialist, Nory is an expert in family law matters. Having practiced law for 20 years, Nory uses her extensive family law experience to serve the San Diego law enforcement community in addition to serving a variety of other clientele.
Nory understands the unique needs of her law enforcement clients dealing with family law issues, particularly those defending a Restraining Order. Such grasp comes from her previous work experience representing law enforcement officers in internal affairs investigations, officer-involved shooting incidents, death-in-custody matters, and defense of disciplinary actions. Having completed training and earning a certification from the Force Science Institute has also given her greater insight.
Additionally, having represented a wide array of clientele (including owners of restaurants, hotels, and other businesses; professionals such as dentists; government employees; and military service members) on a variety of family law issues involving trial litigation, settlement conferences, and Court Hearings, Nory is capable of handling all stages of a divorce case and dealing with complex asset and debt issues.
Moreover, Nory is adept in handling child custody and visitation matters. Her extensive experience with child custody issues in divorce, paternity, and adoption cases, in addition to her service as minor’s counsel/guardian ad litem in high conflict cases, makes Nory well-suited to take care of such important and delicate issues.
Nory takes pride in providing high quality legal representation. She fights for her clients’ best interests, which is obvious from raving testimonials she has received.
As to her background, Nory started her education at San Diego State University. Two years later, she transferred to National University to attend college full-time while working full-time at the San Diego City Attorney’s Office doing administrative work. Nory obtained her degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Legal Studies and graduated cum laude.
While attending Thomas Jefferson School of Law, Nory was President of the Pan Asian Law Students Association; Member of the Moot Court team; Member of the Judicial Committee of the Student Bar Association; Student Liaison of the Filipino American Lawyers of San Diego; a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award and CALI Award in Legal Analysis and Writing; and wrote articles that were published in the law school newspaper. Additionally, Nory held a judicial internship at the U.S. Immigration Court in San Diego and an internship at the Office of the Alternate Public Defender.
Initially, Nory worked for a law firm handling criminal law and family law cases. She later opened her own practice handling primarily family law matters. During her solo practice, which now total 17 years, Nory has represented a wide array of clientele on a variety of legal issues involving divorce, legal separation, annulment, child custody and visitation, child support, spousal support, support arrearages, property division, restraining orders/kick-out orders, modification of orders, paternity, and adoption. Her services have included advising and representing clients at all stages of litigation; drafting or reviewing prenuptial agreements; preparing or responding to petitions, motions, briefs, discovery, proposed settlement agreements, and other legal documents; negotiating with opposing counsel/party; participating in settlement conferences to resolve disputed issues; and preparing cases for and making court appearances at hearings and trials. Aside from family law, Nory has handled miscellaneous cases in criminal, civil and administrative law courts. Nory is the sole owner of the Law Offices of Nory R. Pascua, APC, a firm devoted to the practice of family law. She is also Of Counsel to Bobbitt, Pinckard & Fields, APC.
In addition to Nory’s full-time law practice, she held leadership roles and devoted tremendous time to community service. Nory served a 3-year term as a Board Member of the San Diego County Bar Association. While on the Board, she co-chaired the Law Student Outreach and Programming Committee; served on the Audit Committee, Membership Committee, Purview Committee, and Membership Benefits Committee; was the Board Liaison to the High School Mock Trial Committee and Workers’ Compensation Section; represented the South Bay region and was involved in the South Bay Court’s Beautification Project.
Moreover, Nory served as President of the Filipino American Lawyers of San Diego and was involved with the Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego and National Asian Pacific American Bar Association. Plus, for over a decade, she participated in the statewide Bench-Bar Coalition’s lobbying efforts in support of the judicial branch’s budget and legislative priorities.
Furthermore, Nory was an Adjunct Professor for three years at the California International Business University in San Diego teaching business law classes to undergraduate students. Additionally, Nory is regularly involved in mentorship programs to help students and younger attorneys. And, she serves as Pro Tem Judge at Settlement Conferences in family law cases.
- Divorce (Dissolution of Marriage)
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Division of marital property
- Post-divorce modifications
- Annulments or Legal Separation
- We are a bilingual law firm with the only Tagalog-speaking family law specialist in San Diego County.
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
Certified Legal Specialist:
- Family Law, California State Bar